Many wonder why they do not experience the deeper things that I talk about in prayer. I compare it to enjoying a forest. If you want to experience something much larger and more dynamic than yourself ; U must get still for a while. Not only can you not hear the birds and the animals when you are moving. They will not move, when you are. A little different but same concept really is there to be discovered with God in prayer. The stiller we get (& I don’t mean asleep) the more The Spirit will move and the more we can experience Him!
- Something that keeps people from coming to God in prayer is the limitation of their reason. Faith is reasonable but can’t be obtained only by reason. Spirit is an indescribable essence of life only realized in communion with Spirit. Faith is a choice. God absolutely will not let you reason to Him. That is why a lot of children seem to have an innate understanding of God, while adults struggle in this area.
- Faith is not foolish. Faith is also not possible to define. It is reasonable but above reason. Everybody asks for proof that God exists. And they ask everybody but God for it. When God reveals Himself to you in prayer and you receive Him; you will find release from your doubts. This will allow you to experience Him more intimately.
I regularly refer to the Bible for guidance. It is the greatest literary source of spiritual wealth that anyone can ever find. God inspired it. So it comes from the best source. And all kinds of people wrote it and lived it. So it is relevant to us. The Bible says in 1 Jn. 3:2 Condensed Paraphrase “When we see Him, we will be like Him, because seeing Him will change us completely.” This is A Glorious Hope that all believers in Christ share.
But not only can we have this Glorious Hope to see Jesus later. More than that. What a wonderful blessing; God allows us 2 come into His Presence & floods our being with His Holy Spirit through Jesus-when we pray. He will do this even in the NOW.
One of the reasons it is so wonderful to think about 1 Jn. 3:2 is that we can be assured that seeing Jesus will change us completely. In other words; seeing Christ solves the deepest issues in our life. If we can but see Him, in all of our concerns; then life becomes not just a mortal shell but a Divine miracle.
One of the most wonderful things about #Prayer is that God will actually allow us into His Holy Presence through The Holy Spirit, when we pray. What a wonderful blessing!
- And what an amazing thing to be in His presence. He’s Good, Holy-Pure, Righteous, Loving, Mighty, True, Merciful, Understanding-Compassionate, Perfect, Glorious & Real. So then an important part of prayer is when we really experience God for Who He is.. This kind of communication with God must include praise, because of how wonderful He is.
- God does not want us to know ABOUT Him. He wants us to know Him personally. We are His children. He seeks fellowship with us through Christ. God’s spirit is a Person. The same complex powers that constitute person-hood in us are present in The Holy Spirit, but infinitely greater. The Holy Spirit is not an it. He is not a force. He is not a power. He exerts force and He has power. But He is beyond the power He uses. The Holy Spirit wants you to know Him as a person. He will reveal Himself to you in this way, if you ask Him to.
- One of my favorite songs is a children’s song. “Jesus loves me this I know; for the Bible tells me so.” God also witnesses this to me (& others) who open up to The Holy Spirit. The love of Jesus is available to you in prayer, through the presence and Person of The Holy Spirit. May you find this miracle today.
Shalom, great JESUS and keep move ON with JESUS and Holy Spirit:)
“Jesus Loves Me” is the song I remember most about growing up going to church every Sunday with my family. I even sang it in the choir. Brings back fond memories. Thanks Tim! Smiles…Lora