Every once in a while, a young professional strikes me with their talent and promise. And so I follow their career to watch success develop. Dan Galante is one of these. A few years ago, I came in contact with him through his sales related thoughts and have enjoyed watching his professional growth and talent. His on-target #sales and marketing ideas are vital, relevant and profit producing. Below are some of them. I suggest visiting his site regularly. You can also find some of his #salescategory thinking at the #salescategory tag, on twitter.
Sales has taught me many things.
By: Dan Galante
Below is a list of what I learned from selling:
1. To go after what I want in life. Ask for the order if you will.
2. To stand tall in the face of rejection and negativity.
3. To look at rejection as a learning experience instead of a defeat.
4. To persist through obstacles and not to quit!
5. To examine how a business operates.
Every person should try selling products at least once in their lives. It is a valuable learning experience. I worked in New York City as a Retail Sales Rep during my college recess. After graduation, I worked as an Outside Sales Rep in the Dental Industry in Manhattan. Both jobs have taught me so much about myself.
What did selling teach you?
— content used by permission–